Monday, September 3, 2012

New Mixed with Old

Yesterday, I attended an end of the summer BBQ at one of my mom's friend's house. Since school is coming up in just a few days, I felt like trying a new outfit.
When choosing outfits, I usually start with a statement piece like my new Steve Madden tribal printed wedges from Nordstrom.


 
Then, I move on to what would go best with that statement piece. I needed a simple top that would complement my shoes. After looking at the colors in the tribal print, I decided to go for a navy top. Since I had not purchased a simple navy shirt for school, I opted to wear an older shirt already in my closet from Forever 21.

 
Finally, I focused on choosing pants. I just purchased new bright blue Fire jeans from Nordstrom BP. and figured that they would complete my outfit. For my jewelry, I have on a necklace from Nordstrom BP., heart shaped Tiffany & Co. earrings, and a silver Claddagh Irish ring I recieved from my parents.


Being that it was a very sunny but chilly day, I wanted an outfit that would be summer but have a hint of fall incorperated in it. The navy shirt does just that offsetting the bring blue jeans.
 
My shoes have an awesome backstory. While I was visiting my grandma in Idaho, we traveled to Spokane for the day. There was a Nordstrom Rack in the proximity so I of course had to stop. When browsing through the shoe section, I stumbled upon these Steve Madden wedges that I had just seen the day before at Nordstrom. I looked on the bottom to see the price and was shocked to find they were only $40.00 originally $120.00. They also fit perfectly as I had hoped. I was told that the sole had been refurbished, but to me they looked brand new. I definitely hit the fashion jackpot!
 
I thought it would be fun to style a similar look with items entirely from Nordstrom BP. Here is the outfit that I picked out.
 
TOMS 'Azar' Wedge in Silver
 
Frenchi® Sheer Chiffon Shirt in Black
 
Fire Skinng Jeans in Mint
 
 
Stephan & Co. Mixed Media Layering Necklace in PEARL/ CRYSTAL/ SILVER
 
MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'House of Cards' Logo Heart Stud Earrings in Silver
 
Be sure to pick up one of those items or the whole outfit on your next shopping trip to Nordstroms. I love the mint pants with the dark button down and statement metallic TOMS wedges. The black shirt and layered necklace are brand new while the rest of the items are also fairly new.
 
I cannot wait for school to begin so that I can wear all of my new clothes, shoes, and jewelry. I will try to take a few pictures everyday before school to show you my new outfits. Remember to enjoy your last few days of summer!
 
Stay beautiful,
 
Kaleigh
 



 
Source:


 









No comments:

Post a Comment