Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Quick and Easy Design to Paint Nails

Good morning! I am up bright and early as I am heading to Seattle for the day. I will post some pictures up for you later.
So the other day, I was looking for a fun new way to paint my nails that was still simple. Ombre, marble, and some other more complex art take forever to paint. I scoured Pinterest, some of my favotite blogs, and even Google images until I found the perfect design.



I have used tape with painting my nails to mark off sections, but the other designs were far more complicated. The triangles make it look like you put in much more effort than what you actually did. Be sure to use a light color for the first coat as it is very hard to paint over rich colors. In the picture, she used a light taupe and i went for a soft pink. Instead of the cute sparkles, I thought a matte color would be interesting to try. Here is my variation of this trend.



Obviously, my favorite nail polish brand is OPI. For the soft pink shade, the color is called Pink-ing of You and for the matte purple it is called OPI Ink Suede NN B61. This is how I created this look.
1. Start with a base coat to make the polish last longer.
2. Next, paint all nails your base color and you can choose to paint your fourth finger the triangle color like I did.
3. You will have to wait a few hours since the polish has to be completely dry for the tape.
4. Tape off a section at he bottom of your nail bed by crossing two pieces of tape and leaving a small triangle to be painted.
5. Use your other color to paint the uncovered part that you just taped off.
6. Wait until the polish is mostly dry, and then you can peel off your tape. Be careful, since sometimes the polish can come up with the polish on the tape.
7. Voilà! Your nails now look perfectly polished without all the mess of ombre or marble.

I found some other great colors and designs with triangles that you might want to try out.





Thank you so much for reading my blog and be sure to check back daily!


Stay beautiful,


Kaleigh







No comments:

Post a Comment