Wednesday, August 29, 2012

King Tut Jewelry


 

I will continue where I left off last about my trip to Seattle with family. After watching a movie in the IMAX theater about pharaohs, we began to make our way to the main exhibit. Through out the duration of the exhibit, I saw some amazing beaded and metal necklaces that date back to 1300 B.C. Here are a few of my favorites.


 
The top picture shows how the tiny strands of bead were put together to create the large full necklace. The bottom pitcure is a pharaoh's collar with two metal falcons and a counterweight.
Another type of necklace that I saw, was a longer chain with a square plaque at the bottom.
 


These two necklaces are called pectorals. In Ancient Egypt, only the rich people could afford this type of jewelry.  
 
 
 
When I stopped at this display, I admired the three different types of jewelry that the Ancient Egyptians created. The first is a diadem, the next is a earring, and the bottom is a collar necklace.
 
 
 


My favorite articles of jewelry are those that belonged to King Tut. The top picture shows two intricate rings and a necklace while the next picture is of a beautiful beaded earring. The last picture is by far the best. When King Tut was buried at the young age of 19, he had this collar placed around his neck. Ancient Egyptians did this since they thought he could wear this necklace in the afterlife.

 
 


 
I found some cute necklaces similar to the Ancient Egyptian's style.
 
 
 
 
I love this Stephan & Co. Rhinestone & Chain Bib Necklace.
 
 
 
This bib necklace was just added to the Nordstrom site today! The pop of coral and stones are the perfect accessory for almost any outfit.
To purchase these great necklaces and more BP. jewelry check out this link http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/juniors-jewelry?origin=leftnav.
If you live in the Seattle area, you should be sure to see the King Tut exhibit before it goes back to Egypt. Thank you so much for reading!
 
Stay beautiful,
 
Kaleigh
 
 
Sources:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment